Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can all be deeply rewarding experiences, but they can also take their toll on your body. Many women simply wish they could regain their pre-baby figure, and one way to accomplish that is by getting a mommy makeover.
A mommy makeover refers to a sequence of plastic surgeries that are chosen to meet your exact needs and goals, then all performed at the same time to minimize risk and control costs. The specifics of a mommy makeover can change from one patient to the next, but for the patients of Denton Plastic Surgery in Denton, TX, makeovers often include procedures like breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction, and breast enhancement.
How Long Is Mommy Makeover Recovery?
One of the primary reasons why women choose to have a mommy makeover is that it allows them to experience just one recovery period, as opposed to a separate recovery for each surgical procedure. The question is, how long will that recovery last?
Because mommy makeovers differ from patient to patient, the recovery time is variable. We recommend you take at least two weeks off from work. After two weeks, most women are prepared to resume most of their normal activities, though your doctor may advise you to avoid exercise and heavy lifting for closer to a month.
Is Recovery from a Mommy Makeover Painful?
It is normal to experience some tenderness or discomfort following any surgical procedure. Most women who have a mommy makeover can manage their pain with just over-the-counter remedies, including ibuprofen, but prescription pain medications are available as needed.
Along with soreness, swelling and bruising may also be anticipated. These symptoms will resolve on their own within a week or so, and the use of ice packs may help keep the swelling to a minimum.
What are the Best Tips for a Successful Mommy Makeover Recovery?
To ensure a speedy and successful recovery, keep these tips in mind:
- Allow your body plenty of time to rest. Spend as much of those first two weeks as possible sleeping or relaxing on the couch.
- Get some help around the house. You will need a hand with chores, meal preparation, and looking after your children.
- Plan for constipation, which is a common result of anesthesia. Get some stool softeners in advance and be sure you have fiber in your diet.
- Make sure you take your prescribed antibiotics as directed to avoid an infection.
- Stay hydrated and eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains. Avoid greasy foods and processed sugars as much as possible.
- Abstain from alcohol and from smoking while you are recovering from your mommy makeover.
- Show up for all your post-surgical checkups, which allow your surgeon to ensure you are healing properly.
If you have any regarding your mommy makeover recovery, reach out to Denton Plastic Surgery.