Our Brazilian butt lift is an outpatient procedure designed to improve your figure by creating a rounder, more attractive bottom. This is a treatment in which your own fat cells are harvested from another body area, cleansed and purified, and then injected into the buttocks for increased volume, lift, and allure.
What Is the Brazilian Butt Lift?
You may have heard of a Brazilian butt lift, or BBL. Do you know what a Brazilian butt lift really is, or the benefits of this natural buttocks enhancement procedure? A Brazilian butt lift refers to a cosmetic procedure that enhances both the size and shape of the buttocks.
This surgery uses liposuction to remove fat from areas of the body (i.e. back, abdomen, hips, and thighs), where a patient has an excess and transfers it to enhance the size and shape of your derrière.
Create a More Pleasing Body Shape with a Brazilian Butt Lift
Do you feel as though your backside is not attractive, too small, or saggy? Are you hoping to improve the contours of your body? Were you born with a small, flat bottom and want a more sculpted, voluptuous look? Do you feel like you have extra fat in the wrong places? Our Brazilian butt lift is an innovative procedure designed to reshape the buttocks and enhance your overall figure.
*Individual Results May Vary
Who Is a Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift?
A Brazilian butt lift is a good option if:
- You have adequate donor areas. You must have some pockets of fat that can be accessed to harvest fat cells. Since a Brazilian butt lift requires fat harvest, it is important that there is sufficient fat tissue from two to three donor areas such as the belly, hips, and thighs.
- You want a more voluptuous figure. Perhaps genetics, aging, illness, or dieting has caused a flat, sagging, or unattractive bottom.
- You have lost considerable weight and want to add shape and firmness to your new figure.
- Because it removes fat tissue from areas with extra fat deposits, a Brazilian butt lift has a twofold effect. A Brazilian butt lift reduces fat in stubborn areas and improves volume and projection to the buttock area where it is needed.
- You desire a more natural procedure without using foreign substances or implant materials. Since a Brazilian butt lift uses your own body’s fatty tissue, there is very little chance of rejection or allergic reaction.
- You are at or near your optimal body weight. Brazilian butt lift is not a weight loss procedure but a body reshaping process.
What Are the Benefits of a Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Clothes will fit better and will give you a shapelier and more attractive appearance. Your silhouette will be lifted and appealing.
- Your profile will be more balanced and symmetrical, appearing fresh, firm, and youthful.
- A fuller, naturally-rounded bottom will tend to have the effect of decreasing the appearance in the size of the waist, upper hips, and abdomen, and even more so when any of these areas have contributed the fat cells for injection into the buttocks.
- Liposuction and fat reduction in key areas of your body are used to perform the Brazilian butt lift procedure, which is another benefit, a big one. Not only will you have a more attractive, rounded derrière, but your waist, love handles, abdomen, or thighs will be slimmed in harvesting fat cells for injection. As the enhancement is performed with your own fat cells, there is very little chance for an allergic reaction or complications.
Your Brazilian Butt Lift – Choose Your Surgeon Right
Not all plastic surgeons have experience with the Brazilian butt lift procedure. This is one of the top procedures at Denton Plastic Surgery. This popular treatment has fantastic results when performed with meticulous attention to detail, by our plastic surgeons.
If not performed correctly, there might be a slightly higher chance of irregular shape or too much of the transferred fat being lost after a Brazilian butt lift. Be sure your surgeon can show you many before and after photos of satisfied patients who have had the procedure. You must be certain you are comfortable with and confident in the surgeon you choose, determining that he or she is highly skilled, experienced, and compassionate, and respects you as an individual, rather than treating you as “just another patient.” You will always be cared for as the VIP you are when under the care of our doctors.
Dr. Flugstad and Dr. Rivet also use a private, fully certified surgical facility located near our office in Denton, TX. We have the latest in technology for fat harvest and fat transfer, resulting in optimal outcomes and minimizing risks of complications.
Get the Facts
Before undergoing surgery, ask your prospective surgeon questions and interact with the staff. Do you feel safe, confident, and in the hands of a true medical professional who cares about you as an individual? Beautiful results come about through communication with your surgeon, along with surgical skill and artistry. Ask your surgeon the following:
- Does your surgeon often perform this procedure? Ask to see before and after pictures and read online reviews.
- Where is the surgery performed? Is the procedure performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital?
- Who performs the anesthesia for the procedure? Will it be a doctor in anesthesiology?
How Do I Prepare for a Brazilian Butt Lift?
We will need to review your medical history and get results from simple blood tests, for your own safety. If you smoke, you should stop for a few weeks before and after surgery. You should also abstain from taking anti-inflammatory medicines such as aspirin or ibuprofen at least two weeks before your surgery and should not consume food or drink the night before your butt augmentation. You will be given detailed written guidelines about what is required prior to your surgery date.
The Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
Our Brazilian butt lift is an outpatient surgery and it will be performed under general anesthesia. We perform Brazilian butt lift procedures at a fully accredited state-of-the-art facility. We use board-certified anesthesiologists who are at the top of their profession and your safety is our top concern.
A Brazilian butt lift will increase the size and improve the profile of your derrière to be more attractively balanced with your figure and create a more shapely, prominent rear end. Our doctors will create small incisions in the donor area from which to harvest excess fat through a small medical device called a cannula. They will remove the cells by dissolving the fat deposits before gently aspirating them.
The fat cells will be filtered and purified using special technology to select out the most suitable cells for transfer. Your doctor will insert the fat cells into the buttocks with tiny cannulas at different depths for a natural look and feel. For best results, Dr. Flugstad and Dr. Rivet perform precise and small injections in multiple areas. They will determine the amount of fat transferred based upon your desired outcome.
How Long Is the Recovery After a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Dr. Flugstad and Dr. Rivet recommend taking at least a week or two off work, with some patients requiring longer, particularly if more extensive liposuction was performed. Most Brazilian butt lift patients can return to normal activity within a few weeks. At this time, bruising and swelling after surgery will have reduced significantly, though some minimal signs of the procedure may remain for several weeks longer.
After your Brazilian butt lift, we recommend you begin light walking the same day to minimize the risk of developing blood clots. You must avoid most sitting positions for the first couple of weeks. Light cardio exercises are encouraged after a few weeks. We ask you to wear a compression garment for several weeks after surgery.
You may also be more comfortable in loose garments during the early stages of recovery. A special pillow will be needed for sitting. Our Brazilian butt lift is a safe procedure and produces great results; however, after surgery, you will need approximately one month of recovery before you can return to your usual routine with exercise or more vigorous physical actions.
What I Can Expect in the Month Following Recovery?
The First Week
Swelling, bruising, and soreness should be expected and can be significant. We encourage patients to wear loose clothing to maximize comfort and cover the post-surgical garments.
The Second Week
Bruising will begin to subside but swelling may still be present. Some patients may worry they went “too big” at this time, but this is rarely the fact.
The Third Week
Expect a great reduction in swelling and overall appearance. You will begin to feel normal and more able to perform your usual daily activities with little difficulty in most cases.
The Fourth Week
The swelling should have subsided enough for you to appreciate the new, rounded, lifted shape of your derriere. However, some residual swelling could remain.
Are There Risks with a Brazilian Butt Lift?
While some risks are associated with a Brazilian butt lift, it is important to understand that all surgeries of any difficulty hold some degree of risk. This specific procedure can cause minor discomfort, numbness, swelling, and bruising. However, most commonly, excellent results are achieved. And the discomfort is temporary. At Denton Plastic Surgery, we do everything possible to ensure satisfaction with the results of a procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the areas where the fat cells were harvested look lumpy?
Our doctors’ experience and meticulous skill in liposuction are what enable them to produce a smooth and even appearance not only to your donor site, but to the buttocks as well. They believe, as you do, that a smoothly natural, even, and firm appearance is of ultimate importance in your Brazilian butt lift.
Will the Brazilian butt lift make my butt look overlarge?
No, this will be carefully discussed with Dr. Flugstad and Dr. Rivet in consultation, and you will view before-and-after photos of their former patients so the correct quantity of fat can be transferred. Dr. Flugstad and Dr. Rivet will only be satisfied when you have agreed on the desired outcome. At first, the post-op swelling may cause your buttocks to appear larger than planned, but that is temporary.
Will I need pain medication after the surgery?
Since you will be sore afterward with some swelling, you may require a painkiller, probably a mild one, for a short time. This will be discussed and determined by you and Drs. Flugstad and Rivet. Compassionate and complete recovery and aftercare are considered important components of the surgery.
Will the surgery “even out” the appearance of a top heavy figure due to a flat or small bottom?
Yes, this is exactly what balancing your silhouette is all about. Your figure will look far more aligned, proportional, with a more rounded bottom. Truly, a shapely backside is a wonderful improvement for the small-breasted, and for men as well when done properly. Our surgeons and their entire team of professionals at our luxury, private Denton clinic are committed to helping you enjoy lasting happiness in your appearance.
To schedule a Brazilian butt lift consultation or to get more information, contact our office in Denton, TX at (940) 287-3795.