A thigh lift is a procedure designed to excise loose sagging skin and excess fat from the inner part of the thighs, tightening and improving the contour of the entire area. Typically, a thigh lift involves liposuction to remove excess fat, followed by the surgical removal of excess skin and tissue, after which the site is closed with dissolvable sutures.
Am I A Candidate for Thigh Lift?
Weight loss can lead to excess skin and sagging tissue, particularly on the inner thighs and toward the knee.
- As we age, the soft tissue of the thigh and the underlying musculature weaken, even if you are not overweight. Over time, the muscle loses strength, and the skin folds, contributing to the appearance of aging, heavy legs.
- We may find the flesh wrinkling, especially after dieting and gaining weight, sun exposure, and or as a side effect of a systemic illness. Over time, the muscle loses strength, and the skin folds, contributing to the appearance of aging legs.
- Often, with an excess of loose skin and fat, the thighs rub together and chafe uncomfortably.
- You may have lost the firm, and rounded appearance of attractive, younger thighs, and can be self-conscious and even tense over your appearance.
What Are The Benefits Of Having a Thigh Lift?
This is one of those procedures in which the results often go beyond your expectations. Dr. Flugstad and Dr. Rivet have superb plastic surgery skills, and an instinctive talent for determining just the right amount of liposuction and skin removal to create shapely, firm, and naturally youthful thighs. You can expect:
- A renewed, firm look with sculpted, taut thighs
- A far slimmer appearance to your thighs
- Less jiggle, and more comfort in the thigh area, especially when walking or exercising
- Greater confidence in your appearance in revealing clothing, including swimsuits
- The shortest scars possible to achieve a fabulous, smooth contour
The Thigh Lift Procedure
We are pleased to offer you this precisely engineered surgical treatment at Denton Plastic Surgery, a state-of-the-art facility. A thigh lift is usually an outpatient surgery performed under general anesthesia. Before surgery, your surgeon will mark the area where he plans to remove surplus skin. After removing the excess skin and fat, using liposuction as necessary, we will shape your thigh area to create a taut and youthful appearance. The incision is closed with sutures that will dissolve, leaving minimal scars.
What Is Involved in Thigh Lift Recovery?
Typical recovery time from a thigh lift is a couple of weeks, but you should avoid strenuous activity or heavy lifting for about a month. Wrapping your legs and keeping them elevated helps to reduce swelling immediately after surgery. Sometimes, the lower legs can swell up for several weeks during recovery. Bruising, soreness, and swelling are common, but you can control the effects with ice packs and pain medication prescribed as needed. You will love the new slender look of your legs!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I need to get help returning home after thigh lift surgery?
You need someone to drive you home after your thigh lift, as you will have been under general anesthesia. Ideally, you will have someone to help care for you that first week or few days of recovery.
How long before I can resume swimming and running?
A month, possibly longer. Each case is a little different of course, but you will not want to stress the incision areas or invite infection. Light exercise may begin earlier, and Drs. Flugstad and Rivet will know when to give you the go-ahead on light as well as strenuous exercise.
For more questions regarding thigh lift or to schedule a consultation, contact our office in Denton at (940) 353-5801.