Liposuction removes excess fat cells from virtually any body area, while body contouring removes excess skin and improves muscle definition. You may be interested in the benefits of both procedures and wonder if you can combine them to improve your body image.
Can You Combine Body Contouring with Liposuction?
You can combine body contouring with liposuction to remove unwanted fat, repair muscle tissue, and tighten loose skin. Combining procedures offers the convenience of one surgical and recovery period to resolve your aesthetic concerns. A review of how liposuction and body contouring work can help you understand how combining them can benefit you.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes excess fat from your body that will not respond to healthy eating and exercise. Liposuction works best for people near their target weight and wanting to remove stubborn fat cells permanently.
How does the procedure work?
- Loosens excess fat
- Suctions fat cells out of the body
- Improves body shape
What Is Body Contouring?
Body contouring is a procedure to remove loose skin that will not retract after weight loss or fat cell reduction.
How does body contouring work?
- Removes excess skin
- Lifts sagging skin
- Smooths contours
What Are the Benefits of Combining the Procedures?
Combining body contouring and liposuction has these benefits:
- Achieves a slimmer body
- Improves skin tone
- Refines your physique
- Helps you feel more attractive and confident about your appearance
- Takes less time away from work or your everyday routine compared with two surgeries
- Saves money compared with having a second procedure on a separate date
Which Body Contouring Procedures Can Complement Liposuction?
Body contouring procedures that a plastic surgeon can perform with liposuction include:
- Facelift – Contour the face and neck and define the jawline
- Neck lift – Define the jawline and tighten skin for a more youthful-looking neck
- Breast lift – Help support and reshape your breasts
- Mommy makeover – Rejuvenate and restore the feminine shape of your breasts and abdomen
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) – Flatten, firm, and contour your abdomen to complement your body shape
- Upper body lift – Reduce excess skin, remove upper body rolls, and improve waist contour
- Upper arm lift – Smooth the upper arm profile and add muscle definition
- Lower body lift – Help the skin on the belly, buttocks, hips, and thighs conform to their new shape
- Thigh lift – Tone skin and add firmness
- Butt lift – Improve curves, shape, and skin quality
Request a Consultation with Denton Plastic Surgery
Dr. Flugstad and Dr. Rivet at Denton Plastic Surgery can help you complete your goals and feel better about your physique. Our skilled doctors invite you for a consultation to discuss your concerns and which treatment options can resolve them. Schedule a consultation today.