Breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed plastic surgery procedures. For women who are dissatisfied with the size of their breasts, or with the proportion of their breasts compared to the rest of their body, getting breast implants can be hugely impactful.
As you consider getting breast augmentation, you may wonder about the merits of combining the procedure with other surgical options. This is actually fairly common, and comes with some potential advantages.
Why Combine Plastic Surgery Procedures?
By choosing to have multiple procedures done at the same time, as opposed to having each procedure done separately, you may experience a number of benefits. These benefits include:
● Cost savings. Combining multiple procedures into a single session can dramatically reduce the total cost, minimizing what you need to spend on the operating facility, anesthesia costs, and more.
● Recovery. As you recover from plastic surgery, it typically involves a prolonged period of rest. You will need to take time off from work, and if you have kids, you will need some help around the house. Combining procedures means you only have to go through one post-op recovery, as opposed to multiple recovery periods.
● Better results. By choosing to have multiple procedures performed at once, by the same doctor, you may ultimately have better aesthetic outcomes. You and your doctor can work together to ensure harmonious results that are aligned with your wishes.
Which Procedures Can You Combine with Breast Augmentation?
There are several plastic surgery procedures that you can combine with your breast augmentation. A few of the most common options include:
● Breast lift. While breast augmentation modifies the size of your breasts, a breast lift can alter the shape. It often makes sense to have both procedures done at once, which can minimize scarring and produce the full, youthful breasts you desire.
● Liposuction. Liposuction is a common surgical procedure, involving the removal of stubborn fat and skin. Combining liposuction with a breast augmentation may yield the shapely figure you have been hoping for.
● Tummy tuck. A tummy tuck not only removes loose skin from the abdomen, but also tightens the muscular wall in your stomach. This is another instance where combining procedures may help you achieve the natural-looking curves you desire. In fact, some patients may choose to “triple-up” their procedures, combining breast augmentation, liposuction, and a tummy tuck. These different procedures are often combined under the title “mommy makeover,” but you do not have to be a mom to benefit from having multiple procedures at the same time.
Learn More About Combining Procedures
If you have any questions regarding breast augmentation, with or without other procedures added on, reach out to Denton Plastic Surgery today.