Pregnancy, weight fluctuations, gravity, and breastfeeding all take their toll on your breasts and body. A breast lift, or mastopexy, is a plastic surgery procedure that reshapes and lifts droopy breasts. Our experienced surgeon at Denton Plastic Surgery performs breast lift surgery in Texas to restore youthful, lifted, round, breasts.
Why choose Denton Plastic Surgery for a breast lift?
As Denton’s premier plastic surgeon for cutting-edge cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Nicholas Flugstad is widely recognized as being among the Northwest’s most talented breast surgeons, beloved for his deep commitment to patient care and natural-looking results. Dr. Flugstad is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and fellowship-trained in aesthetic surgery.
Are you a good candidate for a breast lift?
If you are a healthy individual who doesn’t smoke and maintains your weight, but your breasts have lost their shape and firmness, you may be a candidate for a breast lift in Denton.
A breast lift may be performed in conjunction with breast augmentation if you feel your breasts are too small, or if they have lost volume due to weight loss or breastfeeding. During your procedure, Dr. Flugstad can correct overlarge areola (the dark skin around the nipple) and alter nipple location for a pert, youthful look.
What’s right for me?
During your consultation at Denton Plastic Surgery in Denton, our surgeon will listen to your concerns about the appearance of your breasts and what you want to achieve with a breast lift procedure. He will carefully examine your breasts and explain the cosmetic improvements that can be achieved with a custom mastopexy surgery.
During your examination, Dr. Flugstad will speak with you about the results you can expect from your Texas breast lift, including the new placement of your nipples. Every breast lift is a custom surgery, and Dr. Flugstad ensures his patients fully understand the procedure, what to expect in recovery, and the final results.
What happens during a breast lift?
You’ve had a consultation and made your decision to move forward with surgery. But what is the sequence of undergoing a breast lift?
- During surgery, our surgeon places incisions around the areola, vertically down the lower portion of the breast, and sometimes in the breast crease. Only a private examination will reveal which incisions will be required in your case.
- The nipple and areola will be relocated to a higher position on the front of your newly-shaped breasts.
- The breast tissue and skin are reshaped to create a pleasing, rounded breast mound.
- If the areolas are too large, they are reduced in size for a more attractive look.
- Sutures are carefully applied to close the incisions, giving the breast its new lifted, rounded contour. Sutures for a breast lift are self-absorbing.
- If you have decided to undergo a breast augmentation in conjunction with your breast lift, breast implants are placed in a surgical pocket beneath the breast tissue or under the chest muscle.
The surgery takes approximately three hours and is usually performed while you are under general anesthesia.